The Policy is part of our Terms of Service, if you disagree with any part of these terms, you must not access the Website or use any content from the Website.
Researcher and Research LLC issuing the Policy
In this Policy, references to “we,” “us,” or “Researcher and Research LLC” are references to Researcher and Research LLC. Researcher and Research LLC will have access to information on individuals covered by the Policy.
Modification of the Policy
This Policy provides you with guidance on how we collect and use personal information, and your choices and rights regarding our use of your personal information.
This Policy describes our practices when using your information when you:
- express an interest in or have signed up for our products either free or paid including reports, webinars, or activate your Researcher and Research LLC user account; or
- visit the Websites or social media sites (such as LinkedIn).
This Policy will apply whether you have provided the information directly to us or we have obtained it from a different source, such as a third party or public resources (such as commercially available marketing lists, internet sites, public records or newspapers). This Policy also applies to information we collect from you via our survey or other tools.
Researcher and Research LLC does not currently support “do not track” requests at this time, which means that we may collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Website and after you leave the Website. We may communicate with you for marketing purposes if you’ve provided us the means to do so, unless you inform us that you do not want to receive communications from us.
Personal Information Collection
Researcher and Research LLC may collect and use the following kinds of personal information.
- Name and title, contact details, company name, and information you provide when posting content on social media sites;
- Track your access and usage of this Website. Web servers may automatically capture the following information from visitors to the Website, including the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the internet address from which you enter the Website, the pages you visit on the Website and the amount of time you spend on the Website. This visitor information may be used to improve the Website.
- We use third third-party vendors, identified below, to help with delivery of the reports, newsletter and processing of your payment. We never see, hold, or store your payment details, which is handled through Paypal.
Legal Basis for Collection of Information
Researcher and Research LLC asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
- Explicit Consent: When you sign up at Website, you provide explicit consent for Researcher and Research LLC to collect the above listed personal information.
- Contract: If you enter an agreement with Researcher and Research LLC for the provision of services in exchange for payment, Researcher and Research LLC will be required to collect the above listed personal information.
- Legitimate Interests: Finally, Researcher and Research LLC may have additional legitimate interests, including account maintenance and administrative purposes, for the collection of the above listed personal information.
Using Personal Information
Researcher and Research LLC may use your personal information to:
- administer the Website, membership and/or the Newsletter;
- create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us;
- personalize the Website for you by displaying your name or changing the appearance of the Website according to your settings if you log in;
- enable your access to and use of the Website services;
- send to you the newsletter and your account-related email;
- monitor social media content to manage relations with you and promote our business and brand;
- perform statistical and trend analysis to improve the user experience and performance of the Website;
- help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Website, services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- investigate any complaints;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- process your requests, subscriptions, and payments and prevent transaction fraud;
- send you marketing communications;
- collect your personal information or as otherwise set forth in applicable privacy laws, including the GDPR and the CCPA; and
- respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
Where Researcher and Research LLC discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
Except for the third-party vendors that collect your data separately when you sign up and pay, Researcher and Research LLC has never shared any of its user data with any third parties.
Please note that in addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified in this Policy, Researcher and Research LLC will not disclose your information to the third party unless we are required to retain certain information about you in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Third-party Data Processors
Like most websites, to support delivery of our services, Researcher and Research LLC uses third-party data processors to collect certain information about your interaction with the Website and our services. By accessing the Website or using our services, you are accessing these data processors.
Data Retention Policy
Data will only be retained until you request us to delete it pursuant to this Policy.
Securing Your Data
The security of your data is important to Researcher and Research LLC, but no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Researcher and Research LLC will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. If Researcher and Research LLC stores any of your data, we will do so on secure servers.
Cross-border Data Transfers
Privacy Notice to California Residents
This notice describes the rights of Californians under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, the CCPA may apply to how Researcher and Research LLC collects and uses your personal information, and what rights you have in certain circumstances over the past one year. Please note that we do not sell you personal information, so we don’t have an option for you to opt out. Under the CCPA, you have the following rights.
- Right to know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the personal information we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices;
- Right to request deletion: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we have collected from you;
- Right to be free from discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
To exercise your “right to know” or your “right to request deletion,” please e-mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that to protect your information and the integrity of our services, we may need to verify your identity before processing your request. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as a government issued ID.
Under the CCPA, you may exercise these rights yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. We may request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf and may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance
Researcher and Research LLC seeks to fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Pursuant to this regulation, you have the following rights on the Website:
- Right to be forgotten: You may cancel your account at any time. If you wish your data to be permanently deleted, you may contact us at email@example.com and it will be deleted within 72 hours.
- Right to object: We have never performed any data science projects on user data and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If, at some point in the future we determine a use for any sort of data science project on our user data, we will notify you in writing before doing so. In that event you may remove your contact data from any such project by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Opt Out of Data Science”.
- Right to access and rectification: You can contact us at email@example.com at any time to access copies of all user data we retain for you. We will remove, update, or change any personal information about you from our servers immediately upon your request.
- Right of portability: We only retain your name, title, company name and email address. Nevertheless, we will provide that information to you upon your request.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, if located in the European Union, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information if you consider that the processing of personal information relating to you have been violated.
The Website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 (or applicable age in your country)(“child” or “children”). Researcher and Research LLC will not knowingly collect personal information from them. If we discover that a child has provided us with personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe we may have accidentally received personal information from a child, please immediately contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are a small text files that are stored in your web browser on your computer, mobile phone or any other internet enabled device that allows Researcher and Research LLC or a third party to recognize you. Cookies can be used to collect, store and share bits of information about your activities
across websites, including on the Researcher and Research LLC Website.
Please note that you can set your web browser to block cookies, but doing so may affect your ability to access certain features of the Website.
Links to Other Websites
The Website contains links to other websites that are not part of the services run by Researcher and Research LLC.
Any information you provide to those websites is subject to the privacy policies of those websites and not this Policy.
Researcher and Research LLC does not control those websites or their privacy practices and is not responsible for the contents of those third-party websites or the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact Researcher and Research LLC
If you have any questions or requests about this Policy or Researcher and Research LLC’s treatment of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com.
Updated November 21, 2020